Tuesday 28 September 2010

60 seconds with... Adrian Gunnell

World ranked number 49 Adrian Gunnell has been a consistent player among the game's top 64.

While his goal has always been to break into the top 32, appearing at the televised stages of the World Open last week should give him a lift.

He was beaten 3-0 by Ding Junhui, but OnCue took a short time out to chat with the Telford cueman.


When did you start playing snooker and how?

I began playing the game on a full size table when I was 9-years-old. I only started playing snooker because I outgrew my 4ft pool table.


What's your proudest snooker moment and why?

My best moment was making a 147 in Thailand Masters qualifiers.

What's your lowest moment and why?

My lowest point was losing to Mark King 10-8 and missing out on qualification for the Crucible. I was leading 8-4 in the match as well. I didn't play for five months after that match and I would have quit the game had it not been for Del Hill.

Where do you see yourself in five year's time?

I would like to be living abroad.


What professional snooker player do you most admire and why?

I most admire Stephen Hendry. I think he's the greatest player ever and his dedication and work ethic was immense even when he'd won everything, when he could have been forgiven for easing up and enjoying his success.

What's your greatest snooker memory?

One of my favourite snooker memories is Paul Hunter going mental in the second session of the Masters final against Fergal O'Brien. He was 7-2 down and played unbelievable to win 10-9. Or, and maybe when Hendry made 7 centuries in the UK final.

If you weren't a snooker player, what would you be and why? 

I would perhaps do something in the motor trade as I'm a bit of a car fanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment