Thursday 16 September 2010

60 seconds with... Igor Figueiredo

Brazil's Samba star Igor Figueiredo has taken the circuit by storm this year with some fantastic displays already this season.

He kicks off his World Open campaign this weekend when he faces former world number one Mark Williams in the last 64.

OnCue asked him some quickfire questions on the eve of the tournament...

When did you start playing snooker and how?

I started playing when I was five-years-old watching my dad play impressed me with what he could do on a pool table and that was how I started to learn.

What's your proudest snooker moment and why?


I've had several great moments. The first was when I won my first national championship and my dad was watching. It gave him the return for all the time he'd invested in teaching me. He was very patient and put in a lot of effort.

What's your lowest moment and why?

My worst moment was when I lost the national championship final. I was totally unprepared for this technically and physically. It was not a good moment in my career. I don't ever want a moment like that again.

Where do you see yourself in five year's time?

That question, I don't know the answer, but I hope with my family by my side and doing well in the rankings. I want to continue playing and representing my country.

What professional snooker player do you most admire and why?

I've liked Stephen Hendry for a long time. He dominated the game when he was at his bets. His coolness and precise moves were almost unbeatable, but I also like Ronnie O'Sullivan. His play is impressive.

What's your greatest snooker memory?


My best memory in my career was getting to the semi final of a national championship when I was just 13. I was in all the newspapers and on television. I decided from then on that I wanted to work hard and be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment