Wednesday 23 February 2011

60 seconds with... Andrew Pagett

It's been a little while since I brought you all a quickfire interview, but it's certainly not dead.

OnCue caught up with world number 76 Welshman Andrew Pagett, to find out more about him.

How do you assess your season so far?

I'm very happy with my season so far. After winning back my place on tour for this season, my aim was to stay as a professional and I have already achieved that.

What are your aims for the rest of the season?

To climb up the rankings. As simple as that.

When did you start playing snooker and how?

I started playing at the age of 14. My father was playing pool for Wales so that’s where I think I got the talent from.

What's your proudest snooker moment and why?

Finishing Welsh ranked number one and Welsh amateur champion  in the 2009/10 season.

What's your lowest moment and why?

Dropping off the main tour at the end of the 2008/09 season.

Where do you see yourself in five year's time?

Hopefully in the top 16 in the world and competing with the best players.

What professional snooker player do you most admire and why?

I admire my practice partner and best friend Mark J Williams because of his achievements in snooker and having to put up with me for all these years!

What's your greatest snooker memory and why?

Watching Mark Williams beat Steven Hendry in the Masters 10-9 on a re-spot black.

If you weren't a snooker player, what would you be?

I would probably be into another sport like golf or cricket because I was very good at those from a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment