Friday 11 February 2011

Lisowski leads the way to Newport

Jack Lisowski is fast becoming the man no-one wants to play in qualifying.

The 19-year-old potter continued his terrific debut season on tour by pipping Martin Gould to the Welsh Open.

Lisowski snatched a 4-3 win, albeit with the help of a fluke in the final frame, to book his opening round match with world number one John Higgins.

He said: "It will be a great chance to learn, and that's my attitude in all of these matches, they are all about learning how to improve my game. I've definitely exceeded my expectations this season, although I felt that I could win a lot of matches.


"I had a bit of luck against Martin today because I fluked a red early in the deciding frame. But overall this week I've played really well."

On this run, Lisowski also whitewashed Fergal O'Brien and beat Liam Highfield 4-1. Even inside his first season as a pro, Lisowski is quickly maturing and showing just what a force he can become in the game.

Well played Jack!

Check back later for the full round-up of who's making the trip to Newport.

1 comment:

  1. Good up and coming talent... wheres the young English players coming through

    ReplyDelete